Saturday, September 15, 2007

New Class

In addition to the Ramadan schedule changes, I’ve also switched one of my classes. I dropped Comparative Politics of the Middle East and picked up Contemporary Political Islam. I am extremely excited about my new class, and I feel as though the change salvaged my semester. Comparative Politics seemed very superficial, the workload was light, and the professor was a bore. I decided I needed a change. Contemporary Political Islam was a course I was interested in from the beginning but was unable to register for because of space limitations. However, I attended the first class, loved the prospects of the course, and talked with the professor. She welcomed me with enthusiasm and then invited me and another student to tea after class! The class seems very intellectually stimulating, the reading list is heavy, and the discussion will certainly mimic the quality of education and academic rigor of Michigan. I am sure I will have more to share on this class in the future.

No comments: